· Pro. Mountain, Ultra, Trail Runner
· Spartan/Obstacle Course Racing Pro
· Chaski/USATF Certified Coach
· 2020 Tarawera 102k - 3rd place (first American)
· 2019 Nine Trails - 3rd place
· 2018 Western States - 10th place
· 2017 San Diego 100 mile - 1st place
· 2017 The North Face 50-Mile San Francisco - 4th place
Jack of All Trails
Kris Brown is an ultrarunner based in Santa Barbara, California. While he specializes in hilly races in the 50k-100k range, he relentlessly competes in events of all distances, having finished top-ten at the 2018 Western States 100-miler just three weeks after running a sub-15 minute 5k on the track. Kris also "deep-dabbles" in obstacle racing, and he finished 5th at the 2019 Spartan Ultra World Championships.
A lifelong runner, Kris has experience with a wide variety of training styles, including introductory youth programs, classic collegiate training, and a much more free-form approach to ultrarunning.
He believes that there are more than a few ways to get fast, and he prefers to design training programs for his athletes that emphasize the parts of the sport that they love the most.
Kris owns a restaurant in Santa Barbara, and when he's not either there or out on the trails, he loves having friends over to drink beer and talk nonsense.